Loading...
Loading...

Castillo del Placuna Placenta Search Engine

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Leaving a Home

The days passed and the uneasiness gripped our hearts. No matter how tightly we tried to hold back time, the seconds slipped through our hands like merciless drops of water. The time crept towards us and before we knew it, it was at our feet.

The bell rang across the hallways. It was almost 8am of that fateful day of March 31. I hated the sound. The fire alarm cruelly told us it was time. Time to go. I hated it not because of its noise but because it was a disowning sound, driving us away from the place we have called home. A home, for a short, but very long time. I have stubbornly put off packing my things to that very last hour. If I could have put it off forever, I would.

As each box was sealed and each knot was tied, I had a last few glimpses of my home. I glanced at my locker for the last time. How dearly it has held my clothes within the darkness of its embrace. Only if I had kept it a little neater. This will be the last time I will close your doors. I cleared my carrel and thought my arms will never rest upon it again. My bed lay in the corner without its sheets. How I will truly miss the sweet mornings when I wake up upon it, greeted by the golden rays of dawn. Ah, the windows. This will be the last time I shall look out of it to see the birds gliding from tree to tree. I shall miss my room that has welcomed me every afternoon when I was tired from class. As I walked to the lobby dragging my boxes, it pained me to think that was the last time I shall walk upon the hallways of this dorm. My voice shall never again fall upon its walls.

Some of you knew how I felt before leaving and tried to make me cry. I held back the emotions. I held it back and it choked my spirit. Still, I did not cry upon leaving the dorm. However, the tears welled up inside of me and drowned my heart. All these you did not see, but it happened. It is not the dorm that I will miss. It is just the shell. I shall always reminisce its bittersweet filling that has made me what I am now - a world different from four years ago. I learned math and science in school. I learned life in Balay Lampirong.

Salamat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sayang. Natin nakitang umiyak si Kuya Rex... Whehehehe

Anonymous said...

kada basa ko sini. Nasubuan guid ko.. kanami sang pagsulat mo kuya rex. May puso guid.
ahay, kakamiss guid ang Balay Lampirong^~^

eimrach_73 said...

my gawd i was teary-eyed after reading this kuya rex. so saaaaad.

i really liked the line 'i learned math and science in school. i learned life in balay lampirong.' naks! TC!

Anonymous said...

joefer here

Grabe ka gid ya kuya rex, im somproud of you. Thanks for being my manager for a year...hehehe! Pareho gid ta, i learned MATH and SCIENCE in school...hehehe! God bless!

Anonymous said...

ahay na remember ko naman ang happy moments sa hall1..na mis ko gid as in ang tanan2.. kuya rex thank you for making this all for us.. i really learned life in lampirong...tc love lots.